To help with the winterization of your RAD, Holganix has provided you with the following supplies: a “T”; two hose clamps and a hose. In addition to these supplies, you will also need a box cutter and screwdriver. Keep in mind that winterizing your RAD is a two person job. You can view a video of these instructions below.
- Open the lower yellow valve located on the outside of your RAD.
- Carefully remove the shelf form located inside your RAD and close the two yellow valves located at the bottom of the tanks.
- Turn on the valve switch located on the outside of your RAD and hold in the on position until fluid begins to flow out of the spigot. Keep the switch in the on position until the fluid has stopped flowing.
- Using a utility knife, cut the line located inside the RAD that runs between the filter and the in-take side of the large black pump.
- Connect the cut line using the Holganix-supplied “T” and two hose clamps. Tighten the hose clamps with a screw driver and remove the blue cap on top of the “T”.
- Attach one end of the Holganix-provided hose to a 5 gallon jug that contains 2 gallons of RV anti freeze. Attach the other end of the hose to the top of the “T” that was just installed.
- Have one person hold the 5 gallon jug upside down so the anti freeze begins to flow through the hose. Once the anti freeze begins to flow, have a second person turn on the valve switch located on the outside of the RAD and hold in the on position until anti freeze begins to flow out of the spigot. Keep the switch in the on position until the anti freeze has stopped flowing.
- Remove the hose from the “T” and put the blue cap back on the “T”.
- Unplug the power to the pump.
Your RAD is now winterized!
Any questions, please call 866-56-EARTH