What is Holganix?
- Holganix is an all natural, food-grade organic soil stimulant.
- Ingredients include but are not limited to: 100% plant-based compost from grasses and other leaves, crab shells, oyster shells, vegetable waste. In addition, ingredients in the compose and added to production include humic and fulvic acid derived from Leonardite ore - peat extracted, endo and ecto mycorrhizae fungi, corn syrup, nitrogen fixing bacteria, normal flora, protozoa, nematodes (non-parasitic), tea tree oil, brewer’s yeast, molasses, calcium, iron, boron, zinc, copper, molybdenum and magnesium.
What insects will Holganix control?
- Holganix will not “control” any insects. Holganix promotes healthy plants that are more able to resist insect damage.
What diseases will Holganix control?
- Holganix will not “control” diseases. Holganix promotes a strong soil ecosystem that supports healthy, vigorous plants. Healthier plants are more able to resist pathogens and if affected by disease are better able to recover. Holganix is not a bactericide or fungicide.
What products are compatible to mix with Holganix?
- Holganix improves the effectiveness of some products. You may reduce added products accordingly; always review mixing rates when utilizing Holganix.
- Also, remember that Holganix alone is organic; please follow all labeling guidelines.
- See our compatibility list.
How much per 1,000 square feet?
- 7 oz. per 1,000 square feet. End solution should be 1.5 to 3 gallons per 1,000 square feet.
- 6 oz. per 1,000 square feet. End solution should be 7 to 10 gallons per 1,000 square feet.
See mixing instructions with each delivery.
How much per 200-gallon tank?
- Combine 7.2 gallons Holganix Super Concentrate and 192 gallons of water. Apply at a rate of 1.5 gallons per 1,000 sq ft (spray coverage: 133,000 sq ft)
- Combine 5.4 gallons Holganix Super Concentrate and 194 gallons of water. Apply at a rate of 2 gallons per 1,000 sq ft (spray coverage: 100,000 sq ft)
- Combine 3.6 gallons Holganix Super Concentrate and 196 gallons of water. Apply at a rate of 3 gallons per 1,000 sq ft (spray coverage: 66,500 sq ft)
- Tree and Shrub:
- Combine 6 gallons of Holganix Super Concentrate and 194 gallons of water. Apply at a rate of 7 to 10 gallons mixed solution per 1,000 sq ft (spray coverage: 20,000 to 28,500 sq ft)
Can I over apply?
- No, you can't over apply and the potential for striping is minimal.*
Are there any sensitive trees/shrubs?
- No, there is no phytotoxicity.*
Do I apply directly on the plant or on the ground?
- Apply to both the plant and the ground.
How long is the tank life once mixed?
- In tank with aerator: 30 days.
- In sprayer tank: 48 hours. It is best to empty daily.
How long will Holganix last in the fridge?
- It will last indefinitely if kept under 44 degrees. Please do not store Holganix at room temperature for longer than 72 hours.
Is it a danger to pets?
- No, it is food grade and FDA approved.*
Will the product stain?
- Temporary discoloration may appear but water/rainfall will remove it. Holganix may also stick to windows but again will disappear with water/rainfall.
How long will the product take to eliminate man-made pesticides?
- Eliminating pesticides in the soil varies from pesticide to pesticide and is dependent upon bacteria and fungi populations present in the soil as well as the amount of rainfall and/or runoff. With Holganix, you are adding beneficial bacteria and fungi to the soil, aiding in the elimination of pesticides in the soil. However, it's not possible to make a blanket statement for all pesticides in all soils in answering this question.
What form of agitation is needed?
- General re-circulative agitation, such as Jet, is needed. Do not use paddle/mechanical agitation.
What type of gun is recommended?
- Chemlawn gun:
- 3 gallon nozzle at 1.5 gallons/1,000 sq ft.
- 3 gallon nozzle at 2 gallons/1,000 sq ft.
- 4 gallon nozzle at 3 gallons/1,000 sq ft.
- Boom sprayer:
- Flow jet nozzles delivering end result of 1.5 gallons per 1,000 sq ft.
See mixing instructions with each delivery.
Will this product clog my spray system?
- No, but you must change screens to a 10-20 micron screen. There is very little if any sediment in the product; organisms need space to pass through. Do not forget to clean your screen weekly!
How many applications per year can I apply?
- We recommend 4 lawn applications and 6 tree/shrub applications, though more applications is OK.
How far apart should applications be scheduled?
- No different than any normal lawn or plant program that you have done in the past. Estimate 8 weeks between applications to get 4 applications per year. These recommendations are based on normal weather conditions. You may shorten the time between applications based on need and then spread the remaining treatments out accordingly.
Can I get the material on my skin?
- Yes, Holganix is not harmful to your skin. Any material accidentally sprayed on your skin can be rinsed away with water*
What are the safety precautions needed when utilizing Holganix?
- None, Holganix is not toxic to humans, pets, livestock or wild life.*
- Normal safe use of spray equipment is required.
Are there any weather conditions to consider?
- Do not apply in heavy rain or above 98 degrees.
- It can be applied during a light rainfall, and it can be beneficial because the plants’ stomata (pores) open for the rain.
Is there any odor to the product?
- Holganix has a pleasant odor.
- Please contact Holganix and do not use if a strong, foul odor emits from the jug or spray tank.
Do I need a mask to spray?
- No mask is needed. Holganix is food grade edible and is not toxic.*
Are there any special needs for storage?
- Holganix Super Concentrate Jug:
- Refrigerate 44 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
- Holganix Super Concentrate mixed with water:
- Keep aerated and out of direct sunlight.
- Indoor storage is preferred.
- Cool, dark places are best.
- It can be stored outdoor under cover, out of sunlight.
How long do I recommend customers stay off sprayed areas?
- There is no time limit. Holganix is food grade-edible and many of our products are FDA approved.*
*Holganix alone. Once you combine products, follow labeling guidelines.