Because we know it is important to not only test our products in a university setting but also in the field, we have compiled 70+ case studies featuring the experiences and stories of Holganix users across multiple industries. You can view all of our case studies on the blog. But, here are a few of our favorites.
According to Taylor Petsinger of Petsinger Farms, "Because I use Holganix Bio 800+, I've been able to improve my corn and bean yields while reducing my fertilizer requirements. It's like getting increased yields for free."
In this case study, Taylor discusses the following:
1. "We pretty quickly started noticing a difference in the rooting between the Holganix crop and the control."
2. "We saw a 33-bushel per acre yield average" despite needing to replant. "That's a 3-bushel per acre yield increase of what we expected to see."
According to Jonathan, CEO of a South Carolina-based Lawn Care Company, "You can spot our lawn because it has Holganix on it!" Jonathan is using Holganix Bio 800+ Lawn and Holganix Bio 800+ Tree & Shrub. In this case study, Jonathan discusses the following results:
1. Nitrogen Reductions: Jonathan reports a better, more consistent color on his turf compared to competing competitors, and he has reduced his fertilizer inputs by 50-to-70%.
2. Tree & Shrub Results: He reports improved plant health with less insect or disease damage.
What has Shannon Easter, Director of Golf Maintenance at Broken Sound Country Club seen on the course with Holganix Bio 800+ Golf?
1. Reductions in fungicide by 30%
2. Reduced nitrogen fertilizers by 20%
3. Dramatic improvements in soil test results – especially increasing the CEC (Cation Exchange Capacity) and the break down of organic matter.
“In today’s market you can’t lose when you make a 2-10 times ROI on using Holganix Bio 800+,” explains Taylor Barker, Operations Manager of Silver Oak Farms, located in Trenton, Tennessee. What results has he seen with Holganix Bio 800+?
1. Corn - 7 bushels per acre advantage, providing a $31 net gain
2. Soybeans - 7 bushels per acre advantage, providing a $90 net gain
According to Chris Uhland, PCH, and COO of Harmony Hill Nursery, "I would recommend the Holganix product line because it builds a healthier, stronger plant and... during installs the plant's don't just survive, they thrive!" Some of the results Chris has seen with Holganix Bio 800+ Tree & Shrub include:
1. Results During Planting - When root dipping the trees into Holganix Tree & Shrub, Chris has seen improved establishment and better resilience against seasonal stresses.
2. Faster Harvest Time - "We were harvesting in less than a year, and under a normal cycle that would be a two year harvest time."
3. Results During Disease and Insect Pressure - "Our insect pressure isn't as bad as others' in the region... we haven't had to do extra fungicide applications when disease pressure runs high."
Holganix Golf helped Ed Smith Stadium win STMA's field of the year in 2016.
It took a a few months for me to really notice a huge difference when using Holganix Bio 800+ Golf,” admits Dan Thomas, Grounds Manager of Ed Smith Stadium. But, with Holganix Bio 800+Golf, “the health of my turf is remarkable!”
Holganix helped Dan reduce his nitrogen fertilizer by 40%, irrigation by 50% and needed seeding by 75%.
According to Brandon Haley, Grounds Manager for Red Diamond, "I wouldn't plant anything without Holganix!" In this case study, Brandon discusses some of the big results he has seen with Holganix Bio 800+ Lawn and Holganix Bio 800+ Bloom.
1. “We have cut back total gallons of water used for irrigation by over 75% in the last three years, and Holganix Bio 800+ has been a huge part of that.”
2. Reduced fertilizer inputs on his turf
3. Faster establishment of new flower plantings.
After using Holganix Bio 800+ Lawn, owners Caleb and Josh both became huge Holganix enthusiasts. According to Caleb and Josh three of the key results they see with Holganix Lawn is:
1. Less Disease Pressure: "We've seen 50% less disease pressure than in previous years despite reducing fungicides," reports Caleb.
2. Greener, Healthier Lawns: Caleb and Josh report that their lawns have stayed greener longer and the turf also appears thicker.
3. It's All About the Money: According to Josh, "We've seen a 15 - 20% savings in material cost." The company has also experienced less callbacks because of an overall increase in turf health.
Russ MacPhail, superintendent of Garden City Country Club in New York has been using Holganix Bio 800+ Golf since 2013. In this case study, Russ discusses several key reasons he incorporates Holganix Bio 800+ Golf into his turf fertility program including:
1. Less Irrigation needed during the summer months
2. Faster turf recovery after tournaments
3. Building a more robust root system that allows the turf to better withstand seasonal stresses
Alfalfa Farms Winery has been testing Holganix Bio 800+ Agriculture on their four French-American grape hybrids to see if they could increase brix index and yield while utilizing a sustainable agriculture approach. The results they saw were better than expected.
With Holganix Bio 800+ Agriculture, Alfalfa Farms Winery saw an increase in degrees brix of 9% in 2014 and 44% in 2015 compared to the control. They also report a 55% average increase in yield from 2013 to 2014.
"We love that Holganix allows us to use sustainable practices and produce a better crop of grapes," states Trudi, a representative of Alfalfa Farms Winery.