Because we know it is important to not only test our products in a university setting but also in the field, we have compiled 70+ case studies featuring the experiences and stories of Holganix users across multiple industries. You can view all of our case studies on the blog. But, here are a few of our favorites.
According to GrowinGreen CEO Jonathan Rigsbee, "You can spot a GrowinGreen lawn because it has Holganix on it!" Jonathan has been using Holganix Bio 800+ Lawn and Holganix Bio 800+ Tree & Shrub since 2013.
In this case study, Jonathan discusses the following results:
1. Nitrogen Reductions: Jonathan reports better, more consistent color on his turf compared to competing competitors, and he has reduced his fertilizer inputs by 50-to-70%.
2. Tree & Shrub Results: Holganix Tree & Shrub has helped improve overall plant health and ensures that their plants don't experience "Flare Ups" from insect or disease damage.
Holganix President of Agriculture, Dave Stark PhD summarizes both commercial and university data accumulated on Holganix Bio 800+ Agriculture with a focus on midwest crops. In this case study, Dave discusses results including:
1. Potato Results - Providing an equivalent of $200-to-$440 acre advantage by providing a higher weigh per acre on potatoes.
2. Corn Results - Showing a 14.8% increased yield on corn treated with Holganix Agriculture.
3. Strawberry Results - Because of an increase in yield, a research grower achieved a $3,000 per acre high yield in strawberries compared to previous years.
What has Shannon Easter, Director of Golf Maintenance at Broken Sound Country Club seen on the course with Holganix Bio 800+ Golf?
In addition to reducing fungicides by 30% and nitrogen fertilizers by 20%, Shannon reports dramatic improvements in soil test results – especially increasing the CEC (Cation Exchange Capacity) and the break down of organic matter.
David Manning, Superintendent of Grounds and Sports Turf at Furman University has been using and testing several Holganix products including: Holganix Bio 800+ Lawn, Holganix Blue Sky 21-0-0 and Holganix PB1 Golf.
According to David, some of the results he has seen to date include:
1. 40% Reduction in fertilizer and the elimination of all blanket fungicide applications on test plots at his sports field
2. Improvements in overall turf health especially on warm season varieties
According to Chris Uhland, PCH, and COO of Harmony Hill Nursery, "I would recommend the Holganix product line because it builds a healthier, stronger plant and... during installs the plant's don't just survive, they thrive!" Some of the results Chris has seen with Holganix Bio 800+ Tree & Shrub include:
1. Results During Planting - When root dipping the trees into Holganix Tree & Shrub, Chris has seen improved establishment and better resilience against seasonal stresses.
2. Faster Harvest Time - "We were harvesting in less than a year, and under a normal cycle that would be a two year harvest time."
3. Results During Disease and Insect Pressure - "Our insect pressure isn't as bad as others' in the region... we haven't had to do extra fungicide applications when disease pressure runs high."
Holganix Golf helped Ed Smith Stadium win STMA's field of the year in 2016.
It took a a few months for me to really notice a huge difference when using Holganix Bio 800+ Golf,” admits Dan Thomas, Grounds Manager of Ed Smith Stadium. But, with Holganix Bio 800+Golf, “the health of my turf is remarkable!”
Holganix helped Dan reduce his nitrogen fertilizer by 40%, irrigation by 50% and needed seeding by 75%.
According to Brandon Haley, Grounds Manager for Red Diamond, "I wouldn't plant anything without Holganix!" In this case study, Brandon discusses some of the big results he has seen with Holganix Bio 800+ Lawn and Holganix Bio 800+ Bloom.
1. “We have cut back total gallons of water used for irrigation by over 75% in the last three years, and Holganix Bio 800+ has been a huge part of that.”
2. Reduced fertilizer inputs on his turf
3. Faster establishment of new flower plantings.
After using Holganix Bio 800+ Lawn, owners Caleb and Josh both became huge Holganix enthusiasts. According to Caleb and Josh three of the key results they see with Holganix Lawn is:
1. Less Disease Pressure: "We've seen 50% less disease pressure than in previous years despite reducing fungicides," reports Caleb.
2. Greener, Healthier Lawns: Caleb and Josh report that their lawns have stayed greener longer and the turf also appears thicker.
3. It's All About the Money: According to Josh, "We've seen a 15 - 20% savings in material cost." UltraGreen has also experienced less callbacks because of an overall increase in turf health.
Russ MacPhail, superintendent of Garden City Country Club in New York has been using Holganix Bio 800+ Golf since 2013. In this case study, Russ discusses several key reasons he incorporates Holganix Bio 800+ Golf into his turf fertility program including:
1. Less Irrigation needed during the summer months
2. Faster turf recovery after tournaments
3. Building a more robust root system that allows the turf to better withstand seasonal stresses
Alfalfa Farms Winery has been testing Holganix Bio 800+ Agriculture on their four French-American grape hybrids to see if they could increase brix index and yield while utilizing a sustainable agriculture approach. The results they saw were better than expected.
With Holganix Bio 800+ Agriculture, Alfalfa Farms Winery saw an increase in degrees brix of 9% in 2014 and 44% in 2015 compared to the control. They also report a 55% average increase in yield from 2013 to 2014.
"We love that Holganix allows us to use sustainable practices and produce a better crop of grapes," states Trudi, a representative of Alfalfa Farms Winery.