By Nicole Wise on Nov 27, 2013 11:53:00 AM
The Holganix Blog
5 reasons to be grateful for turfgrass this Thanksgiving
Five reasons why you should say thank you to your turf this Thanksgiving:
- Turfgrass cleans the air of pollution! Turfrgrass converts carbon dioxide into oxygen. In fact, a turf area just 50 feet by 50 feet absorbs carbon dioxide, ozone and other atmospheric pollutants and releases enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of four.
- Turfgrass helps control erosion. With up to 90% of the weight of a grass plant in its roots, it makes a very efficient erosion prevention device. In fact, Turgrass is the most sustainable and effective solution to prevent soil erosion.
- Turf grass helps filter pollutants from run off and can purify and recharge ground water supply, protecting America’s water systems from harm.
- A well-manicured lawn can boost the selling price of your home by 15%! Furthermore, a Gallup Survey reported 62% of all U.S. homeowners felt an investment in lawns and landscaping was as good or better than other home improvements.
- Grass areas quickly affect people’s moods by creating feelings of serenity, privacy, thoughtfulness or happiness, and its yearly cycles of growth and color change lift human spirits and link urban inhabitants with their countryside heritage.