By Kaitlyn Ersek on May 12, 2015 7:00:00 AM
There are many important pieces of the soil food web puzzle, but often the effect carbon plays is overlooked. In fact, maintaining a balanced C:N ratio of 20:1 in the soil directly supports a healthy soil food web and ultimately healthy plants. That’s because carbon is the energy/food sources for the beneficial microorganisms within the soil.
When you take a carbon heavy product like Healthy Grow and infuse it with a biology intensive product like Holganix, you’re addressing both sides of the equation. Healthy Grow provides the carbon that sustains the microorganisms living in Holganix, allowing them to help to build balanced soils and promote healthy plants. What are the benefits to Healthy Grow infused with Holganix?
- Promotes active and diverse soil biology
- Reactivates and sustains naturally occurring biological cycles
- Increases soil exchange capacity
- Improves soil structure facilitating air and water movement
- Increases soil available essential nutrients
- Enhances root function increasing access to nutrients and water
- Suppresses diseases and reduces stress
- Improves water management efficiencies
- Reduces excess soil biocarbonates and sodium accumulation
- Increases environmental stewardship
Watch this video for additional information!